"World's Leading Large Ship Specialist"
Tom Baker, President — CruiseCenter
from $9976 pp
Departs from Buenos Aires, Argentina on December 28, 2021 returning January 08, 2022
Hurtigruten - Fridtjof Nansen
Departing from Buenos Aires, visiting Ushuaia, Drake Passage, Antarctica, Drake Passage and debarking in Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
This classic Antarctica expedition cruise is perfect way to experience spectacular wildlife and natural beauty. Enjoy five full days in Antarctica with landings and ice-boat cruising, as well as chances to kayak, hike and much more. Join us aboard our advanced hybrid powered expedition ship for an unforgettable adventure.
See the best Antarctica has to offer on an advanced expedition cruise, experience massive glaciers, icebergs, polar landscape and rich wildlife, mix of landings and ice-cruising as well as optional adventures, and Science Center with fascinating lectures and activities on board
Hurtigruten offers unique expedition cruises to some of the most remote and pristine waters of the world. As with all expeditions, nature prevails. Weather, and ice and sea condition, sets the final framework for all Hurtigruten’s operations. Safety and unparalleled guest experiences are always our top priorities. All our planned itineraries are continuously evaluated for adaptions, whether this is due to constraints the elements unexpectedly present – or exciting possibilities nature and wildlife offer. That is why we call it an expedition.
Cultural and Cool
This adventure starts with an overnight stay in Buenos Aires, the bustling capital of Argentina. Spend the evening at your leisure and discover `Paris of South America´ for yourself on a warm spring or summer day. Overnight at the Emperador Hotel.
Tierra del Fuego
Fly early in the morning to Ushuaia, where MS Fridtjof Nansen awaits. Once on board, we kick off our journey with a welcome dinner.
Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for Antarctica as we cross the famed Drake Passage. During the voyage south, the Expedition Team starts the lecture program, giving you information about Antarctica’s fascinating history and environmental science. You’ll also learn how to make your visit as safe and as sustainable as possible and you’ll join Citizen Science programs to help collect data for current scientific research. This is also a good opportunity to enjoy all the amenities of your advanced hybrid powered expedition ship.
Antarctica never fails to inspire awe and wonder, with white horizons above oceans full of icebergs and whales. Perhaps even more awe-inspiring will be your first encounter with the huge colonies of penguins.
The Expedition Team will lead ice-cruising and landings at every opportunity to come ashore and explore the impressive Antarctic scenery. From deck, there are great chances to spot whales. Of course, this is true wilderness, so nature is in charge, but our experienced captain will work with the elements to create the best possible itinerary for your adventure.
We will attempt landings at several sites in the South Shetlands and on the Antarctic Peninsula and aim to bring you to the incredible diversity of landscapes and rich wildlife on display in this pristine wilderness. Wherever we explore, the sights and sounds and of Antarctica are sure to stay with you for a lifetime!
Heading back to civilization
After exploring this exhilarating continent, we set course back to civilization. Spend the day at sea recapping your experiences, having fun in the Science Center or just relaxing on deck, spotting the many sea birds which follow our ship. The snow-clad mountains surrounding Ushuaia reflecting in the channel on a clear, crisp morning.
The End of the Adventure
Our expedition cruise ends as we reach Ushuaia, and we transfer you to the airport for your flight back to Buenos Aires. For more adventure, you can extend your stay in Buenos Aires or join an optional Post-Program to the magnificent Iguazu waterfalls.
• Overnight in Buenos Aires before the expedition cruise, including breakfast
• Flights in economy class between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia roundtrip
• Transfer from the hotel in Buenos Aires to Buenos Aires airport before the expedition cruise
• Transfers between Ushuaia airport and the ship, including a brief tour of the town
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
• Complimentary tea and coffee
• Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
• Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
• English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities on board and ashore
• Range of included excursions
• Onboard Activities
• Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
• Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
• Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
• Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
• Use of the ship’s hot tubs, sauna with floor-to-ceiling window, outdoor and indoor gyms, and outdoor running track
• Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
• Landing Activities
• Escorted landings with small expedition boats while in Antarctica
• Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
• Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
• Expedition photographers help with your camera settings before landings
• International flights to/from Buenos Aires and airport to hotel transfer
• Travel protection
• Luggage handling
• Optional shore excursions with our local partners
• Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
• Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
• All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
• Excursions and activities are subject to change
• Medical questionnaire is mandatory
• Please ensure you meet all passport requirements
• No gratuities expected
Cancellation charges days prior to departure:
More than 181 Free of charge
180 - 90 50%
89 – 61 75%
Less than 60 100%
A $30 Booking Processing Fee will be charged at the time of your deposit by CruiseCenter and billed by parent company CruiseCenter. This fee is non-refundable.
Disclaimer: All advertised events are exclusive to guests who book through Aquafest only. Aquafest Cruises are group events and not chartered vessels. All rates are cruise only and per person, based on double occupancy subject to availability at time of booking. Non-discountable fees and taxes, airfare, air taxes and transfers are additional. Events based on a minimum of 50 group passengers. Pricing and other information may change without notice. We reserve the right to correct errors. Information and pricing are subject to change without notice. All cancellations are subject to a $50 per booking cancellation fee from Aquafest in addition to any vendor cancellation penalties. Trip Cancellation Insurance is strongly recommended for all reservations. More information will be provided to you at the time of booking confirmation. Please contact us for a more detailed description of restrictions, cancellations, and penalties.
Please ask us about rates for Suites and other cabin categories not shown.
4801 Woodway Suite 400W Houston, TX 77056
Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00pm (CST)
CruiseCenter recommends optional travel insurance that protects you in the event of having to cancel your trip avoiding travel vendor cancellation policies and more! Click here!